Friday, April 3, 2009

The Places You Will Go.

I am sure y'all have heard or know what field of work I am in. With my job I get to go to all of these exciting locations and see all these new places with my own eyes. The only thing is when you come home you run into your peers that ask, "So how was it?" or "What was it like?" or "What did you see?". It is hard to describe things over here because a description is always better when you can use all senses.
As of March 28th or so I have been on Mactan Island in Cebu City, Philippines. I am scheduled to be here for another 30 something days, never do remember exactly how many are left. The time difference between here and lets say, Diamondhead, MS (The place where I lay my head on a pillow for sleep during the week) is 13 hrs ahead. So if you are wondering what tomorrow brings just ask me.
"Today's Forecast" Partly Cloudy in the Morning around 86 degrees with 93% humidity. Mid-day rainshowers stopping around 2 p.m. Late Afternoon Cloudy. Night Fair. Enough about the weather.
I think my job is pretty cool at times(I am not big on sitting in an office everyday staring at dots). I sit in a King Air 200 Beechcraft flying over areas making maps. So I get to hang my head out the window (not literally) and take pictures of the scenery just outside the plexi glass. Oh man what a thrill to see what kind of images you can get from flying 1200 to 1300 ft. off the floor. What's even better is if the picture doesn't come out the way you want it you can erase it from known existence with a swift button push and go on with what you were doing.
I was instructed to and figured it would be nice to share some of the pictures I collect from "The Place I GO".

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey fellow blogger! I enjoyed the read and your pics! nice! Keep it up! Love you! Rach